Best Stick Vacuum for Pet Hair Reviews and Buyers Guide
- 1 Best Stick Vacuum for Pet Hair Reviews and Buyers Guide
- 1.1 Recommended 5 Best Stick Vacuum for Pet Hair Reviews
- 1.2 Advantages of a stick vacuum
- 1.3 What to consider a vacuum for pet hair
Stick vacuums come in handy when you need to clean carpets and floors since they are usually light, they are a good option for spot cleaning of pet hair in different places. We have done research on the best stick vacuum for pet hair and come up with the best 5. If you do not like dragging around a canister but do not want to have to bend with a portable vacuum, then one of these will probably suit you well.
Recommended 5 Best Stick Vacuum for Pet Hair Reviews
This is a vacuum that focuses quite a lot on performance, its cyclonic technology provides suction that can penetrate deep into carpets and pull out pet hair, but it can transform very fast so that you can vacuum the hard floor with ease, the brushes too are designed to be able to get dirt that is at the edge of the wall.
What I particularly like about this Hoover BH500010 is that the battery can be removed and charged separately which means if you have another battery you can simply replace the one that is charging and continue vacuuming with minimal interruption, unlike other cordless vacuums which you would have to leave to charge before you can resume vacuuming.
- You do not have to stop vacuuming as the battery charges, you can simply replace the battery.
- There is an indicator that lets you know how much power is left in the battery
- The bin opens from the bottom at the touch of a button so you can empty it without getting your hands dirty
- It has strong suction that gets pet hair out of carpets and off the floor
- Switching from carpet to floor is fast and easy
- It is able to clean edges since it has edge cleaning bristles
- It comes with only one battery so you need to buy the second one for interchangeable use
This is another cordless stick vacuum but what I like about this one is it can also be transformed into a handheld vacuum so even the furniture and your car can be vacuumed with this one. It will give you 20 minutes of constant suction before you need to recharge it. It has a dock that you can place on the wall and it serves both for storage and to recharge the unit. It is designed to dig into carpets and pull out pet hair, but at the same time, it is gentle on hardwood floors.
It is light weight and easy to use and comes with all the accessories you may need. I really think it is well worth the money.
- Since it is cordless, your movement is not restricted by the length of a cord
- It has powerful suction that can remove pet hair from any surface
- It can be adjusted so that you use it inside the car or on the sofa without a long wand
- There is a power bar that is specially designed to deal with stubborn pet hair
- Storage is easy since it comes with a docking station which also charges it
- The suction is steady for 20 minutes
- This vacuum is small so it needs to be emptied frequently
If you are unlucky to have a carpet or floor that has the same color as your pet’s hair, then you probably need this TruePet HV322 which has strong led lights that should help you see the pet hairs clearly. This vacuum is also good for quick cleanups of different places since you can easily detach the stick and transform it into a handheld vacuum or attach a crevice tool to get the tight spaces between the cushions.
The vacuum stick also bends backward so that you can easily clean under furniture without having to lift them.
If you do not like carrying heavy vacuums around, this is a good option for you as it is quite light. It can be used on hard floors as well as carpets and it makes a good transition from either surface.
- It is lightweight and that makes it easier to maneuver around
- It has headlights that help you see dirt and pet hair that may be hidden in corners or within the carpet
- It transforms fast and easy into a handheld vacuum to use on above ground areas
- The floor tool is large and can be used to clean up crumbs and chunks of pet food on the floor
- It does not stand on its own so you need to lean it on the wall or something if you stop to say remove an object from the floor.
Black +Decker seem to have fitted just about everything you would need to clean your home into one small vacuum. It is one of the most versatile vacuums you can find for pet hair and the stick can also be removed to turn the vacuum into a handheld cordless vacuum cleaner.
It has a special tool for pet hair and the suction is quite good. Because it is cordless, you cannot use it for complete cleaning of the home but if you just want to get rid of pet hair once a day in particular places, the 15 minutes of constant suction will be enough before you need to recharge it for 4 hours.
- Very versatile, you can use it in just about any part of the house simply by changing the attachment tool
- It has impressive and constant suction that gets even the hard to remove pet hairs
- It uses a lithium battery which lasts longer than the usual Nicad which fades suction
- The pet hair brush does a good job on carpets and corners
- You get 15 minutes of vacuuming before you need to recharge for 4hours so no big jobs
You can save yourself the cost of buying 2 different vacuums by purchasing this VonHaus vacuum which incorporates an upright vacuum and a handheld vacuum and it is less than 50 dollars. Handheld vacuums are usually best for above ground tasks so if you have this you can also handle longer periods of cleaning the floor and carpet. The handheld function is easy to achieve with a simple press of the quick release button.
The suction of this vacuum is strong enough to handle pet hair especially on hard surfaces and upholstery that is not too thick.
- It is a 2 in 1 so you save money on buying 2 different vacuums
- The 1.3-liter bin means you make fewer trips to empty the canister as you vacuum
- The filter is reusable, you just have to wash it regularly to avoid clogging
- Considering its performance, it is well worth the price you pay for it
- It is lightweight so no strain on your back or arms
- You can only store tools on the handle for the upright vacuum.
The Hoover has an edge over the other cordless stick vacuums in the fact that its battery is charged separately so if you can bear the added cost of a second battery, you are able to continue vacuuming as the other battery recharges which gives you double the battery runtime. The Dyson V6 animal has a lot of power in it and it can be converted into a handheld vacuum. If you worry about the weight of the vacuum and you want a vacuum with head lights, then the Shark is a good choice and it also converts to a handheld vacuum. The Black and Decker vacuum is a feature rich vacuum and ideal for quick removal of pet hair from particular spots.
Advantages of a stick vacuum
If you are not yet convicned if you should get a stick vacuum, then you can take into considerations some of the advantages you would enjoy if you used a stick vacuum to get rid of pet hair in your home.
- Most stick vacuums are versatile, you can change them from an upright to a handheld vacuum
- They are light and easy to move around in different places where you may find pet hair
- They are fairly affordable in comparison to the bigger canister vacuums and other types
- Storage is easier since they take less space or can be folded and kept in tight spaces like under the bed
- They are comfortable to use and they look stylish in comparison to the big upright ones
What to consider a vacuum for pet hair
All vacuums do have suction, but it is important that the amount of suction a particular vacuum has is able to meet your needs. Some vacuums are best for thick carpet, some are best for hard floors and some can manage both. Pet hair on thick carpet needs much stronger suction that when it is on the floor.
It is important that the vacuum comes with tools that will help you get to other places other than just the floor. For example, an attachment hose helps you clean chairs, you also may need a motorized brush to effectively remove hairs from upholstery and other fabric. The more the tools, the better. Stick vacuums usually are able to transform into handheld vacuums and you need to have the tools that will work in that mode.
When you have to maneuver the vacuum around furniture and other obstacles in the home, it is important that the steering is flexible. Most of the good stick vacuums have swivel technology or something similar to help you get around objects and they can bend backward so you can get under furniture like tables and chairs.
Many stick vacuums are cordless and that means they depend on batteries to run. It is important that the battery runtime is long enough for you to carry out your tasks. You should also get one that will maintain suction for the entire runtime of the battery.
Closely related to the battery is the cord since it is a substitute for the battery. If you are going to be moving around the room trying to get pet hair wherever it may be, you will want to have a cord that is long enough to reach those areas otherwise you need to buy an extension cable to do that.
You do not want to have the vacuum in the way so you need to consider how you will store it. If you do not have enough storage space, it is best to find a vacuum that can fold away easily. Many stick vacuums can lie flat so that you can fit it under a bed or under the chairs. If it has accessories, you are better off is it comes with onboard storage for them so that you have less clutter in your storage area.
I would recommend filters that can be reused since that saves you the cost of buying replacements. But at the same time, it is important that the filters are able to prevent pet hair and allergens from escaping into the air. HEPA filters are the best when dealing with pet hair since they produce clean air through the exhaust.
Naturally, it is best to buy something that is within your price range. While you may imagine that the best vacuums are the expensive ones, it is still possible to find one that is affordable and still works great. If you are on a tight budget, look at the features offered and you may notice that you can find a good vacuum that you do not have to break the bank to purchase.