Best Upright vacuum for Pet Hair Reviews and Buying Guide
- 1 Best Upright vacuum for Pet Hair Reviews and Buying Guide
- 1.1 Recommended 5 Best Upright vacuum for Pet Hair Reviews
- 1.1.1 Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet (NV752)
- 1.1.2 Dyson 206031-01 Cinetic
- 1.1.3 BISSELL 9595A Vacuum with OnePass
- 1.1.4 Hoover T-Series UH30310
- 1.1.5 Bissell Pet Bagless Upright Vacuum B00J3X04J2
- 1.1.6 Advantages of Upright Vacuums for pet hair
- 1.2 What you should consider when purchasing an upright vacuum for pet hair
- 1.1 Recommended 5 Best Upright vacuum for Pet Hair Reviews
Upright vacuums save you from having to bend down low as you vacuum surfaces like the floor and carpets. If you are looking for a vacuum that can clean the entire house, then you should consider an upright. It may not be easy to make a choice, but this guide will give you 5 options from which you can choose the best upright vacuum for pet hair. These were chosen following in-depth research among consumers as well as experts and my personal opinion. You can also find some useful information to help you make a good choice.
Recommended 5 Best Upright vacuum for Pet Hair Reviews
This can serve not just as a vacuum for pet hair, but as your main vacuum for the home. It is able to clean different surfaces as well as maneuver through tight spaces and reach under low furniture. It has swivel ability but when that is not effective in getting to hard to reach spaces, you can transform it into a canister vacuum so that the motor head can go under low furniture, it can also sit on a caddy with the accessory tools.
When it comes to suction, it is quite impressive, able to lift dirt and pet hair out of thick carpet and then make the transformation to hard floor or door mats, where pets love to take a nap. The motorized brush tool ensures entangled pet hair is dislodged and sucked quickly into the canister. It also has HEPA filtration to ensure the air blown out is clean.
- The 3 in one transformation is very simple to achieve and it helps in cleaning hard to reach areas
- It has head lights which make visibility in dark corners better
- The motorized tool is more effective than many other models and provides deep cleaning on carpets
- The air produced after filtration is, free from allergens
- It has a caddy to carry the other tools as you vacuum which saves time and energy
- The control buttons a conveniently placed within fingertip reach
- It feels heavy as you use it as an upright vacuum
One of the things I hate about vacuuming is the knowledge that at some point I will need to wash or replace the filter, with this Dyson Cinetic that is not an issue. This upright vacuum does not have a filter.
It employs cyclonic technology to provide the same effect of a filter and you never have to worry about cleaning it. It is HEPA certified even if it has no filter.
When it comes to dealing with pet hair, it has a tangle free turbine that can get even the most stubborn hair out of thick carpets and upholstery. It has a wand and hose that you can use to clean stairs and other areas where the entire vacuum cannot go.
- There are No filter to worry about cleaning or replacing yet it still protects you from allergens
- The big ball technology makes it easy to steer and reach tight spaces
- The want and hose can be released in one smooth motion to clean places where the vacuum cannot go like the stairs
- it comes with a tool specially designed for pet hair, especially the stubborn ones that get entangled on fabric
- It has space to store other accessories you may need when cleaning so you can just pick and go
- It comes with a big price tag
With this vacuum, I do not have to go over the same spot a number of times before it gets all the pet hair. The OnePass technology gets everything in just a single sweep. I find that this saves a lot of time and effort. The innovative brush and cyclonic power combine to get all surface debris on the first swipe of the vacuum.
When you have sucked up all the pet hair and dander, the vacuum is lightweight so it is easy to carry to the dumping site.
It is also quite easy to empty as the bin opens from the bottom and the lid needs a single touch. This vacuum offers convenience and efficiency at a fraction of what you would pay for the Dyson.
- You spend less time vacuuming since it gets just about everything in a single pass over an area
- There is a long extension wand and hose which can help get too tight spaces
- The vacuum is light (15 pounds) so any adult can use it easily
- Emptying the unit is fast and easy
- The filter can be washed and reused
- It has a reasonably long power cord of 25 feet
- The brush does not stop rolling when you switch to hard floor so you need to always remember to adjust the height.
If you prefer to use collection bags, then this is an option you would like. The bag is made to be easy to remove and replace. The Hoover will release the bag directly into the trash so you do not have to get in contact with dirt.
Using a bag gives you more space for debris than the bagless vacuums.
Whatever the height of floor or carpeting, you can choose from 5 different levels to ensure that the brush roll has the right level contact to effectively remove pet hair and dirt from the floor. To vacuum furniture and stairs, there is an extension wand attached to a hose and you can fit the desired tool to clean the pet hair. The pet upholstery tool has rubber wipes which attract pet hair to be sucked up.
- The Bag collects far more hair than bagless receptacles so you do not need to empty it frequently as you vacuum
- One touch release to take out the bag and empty with no messes
- It can be easily lifted on stairs
- you can adjust the height of the brush to 5 different levels and you can do this using your foot
- It has a 30-foot cord which gives you enough distance from the socket
- The price is a good deal for a vacuum of its size and performance
- Using bags means you have to spend on replacement bags
This is a multipurpose cleaning vacuum, it can be used throughout the house and when you want to tackle pet hair, there is a turbo cleaning tool that you can attach and have that hair gone in a few seconds. As you pull back, the vacuum has a material that grabs the pet hair and when you push forward, it will release it to be sucked into the vacuum.
There is also a pet hair eraser which pulls the pet hair from deep within carpets and upholstery so that nothing is left behind.
It works well on carpets as well as hard floors and has tools you can use for walls, curtains and any other place in the home that may have dust or pet hair. It may look big, but it is actually light and easy to carry around.
- The integrated pet hair lifter seems to get hairs which so many other vacuums may fail to get
- Its weight makes it easy to push it around faster
- It is able to clean many surfaces and does it impressively
- It is reasonably priced and well worth the money
- The hose is not as long as you would expect it to be on a vacuum this size
It can be really hard to make a choice between these 5 upright vacuums considering they all seem quite efficient. The deal breaker for you may be something as small as the length of the cord or hose or the price. The Dyson and Shark vacuums are the most expensive on this list with the Dyson being far on the higher side but it comes with bells and whistles like ball technology. The Bissell 9595A boasts of being able to get all surface debris in one swipe which minimizes time spent going back and forth while the Bissell B0J3X04J2 can lift pet hair from deep within the carpet. Whatever you opt for, I believe you will have a reliable upright vacuum for pet hair.
Advantages of Upright Vacuums for pet hair
- Upright vacuums use motorized vacuums which make them good for thick carpets
- In most cases transitioning from carpet to floor is easily controlled using a foot pedal
- Since they have long handles, there is less strain on your back from bending
- They tend to have wide cleaning paths which gets work done faster
- In comparison to canister vacuums, they are less expensive
What you should consider when purchasing an upright vacuum for pet hair
Like with every other vacuum, it is important that what you buy has strong enough suction to handle the tasks you will be managing with your upright vacuum. The stronger the suction, the better. You will need more suction for carpets than you would for hard floors because pet hairs tend to be more stubborn on carpets.
It is important that the vacuum comes with tools that will help you get to other places other than just the floor. For example, an attachment hose helps you clean chairs, you also may need a motorized brush to effectively remove hairs from upholstery and other fabric. The more the tools, the better
When you have to maneuver the vacuum around furniture and other obstacles in the home, it is important that the steering is flexible. Most of the good upright vacuums have swivel technology or something similar to help you get around objects and they can bend backward so you can get under furniture like tables and chairs.
You do not want to have the vacuum in the way so you need to consider how you will store it. If you do not have enough storage space, it is best to find a vacuum that can fold away easily. Many upright vacuums can lie flat so that you can fit it under a bed or under the chairs. If it has accessories, you are better off is it comes with onboard storage for them so that you have less clutter in your storage area.
I would recommend filters that can be reused since that saves you the cost of buying replacements. But at the same time, it is important that the filters are able to prevent pet hair and allergens from escaping into the air. HEPA filters are the best when dealing with pet hair since they produce clean air through the exhaust.
Naturally, it is best to buy something that is within your price range. While you may imagine that the best vacuums are the expensive ones, it is still possible to find one that is affordable and still works great. If you are on a tight budget, look at the features offered and you may notice that you can find a good vacuum that you do not have to break the bank to purchase.
How to Use an Upright Vacuum
There is really nothing special about using an upright vacuum, it is so easy even a child can use it. You simply need to know that the brushes work on carpets while on hard floor, use suction only. Once you turn on the vacuum, you can push the unit along the surface you want to clean and go over the area until all the pet hair is gone. It is, however, a good idea to read the instruction manual before you get started.
Who should buy an upright vacuum?
I would recommend upright vacuums to people who have large houses with a lot of floor space that needs to be vacuumed. If you have a number of pets that are always on the floors and carpets, then you will need an upright vacuum. Also if you have thick carpets, chances are an upright vacuum will serve you well to get pet hair that is lodged deep within the carpet.