Best Shark Vacuum For Pet Hair Reviews and Buyers Guide
When listing the top pet hair vacuums Shark vacuums have to be among the best 5. The best Shark Vacuums for pet hair are also among the best overall pet vacuums. This is because the company has invested a lot of time and effort into improving their technology so that the entire customer experience with the vacuums is satisfactory.
There are mainly 3 types of vacuums for pet hair that Shark makes and then there are quite a number of models. The 3 vacuums for pet hair include:
- Rocket: these are lightweight motorized vacuums which have the motor closer to the handle
- Navigator: this type is the most common that you can push around and navigate past furniture
- Rotator: they are more commonly used for heavy duty cleaning and have swivel technology for easy steering past objects
The Shark Vacuums will always be one of these 3 types. When I am asked to say which is the best of the 3, my response is usually to ask how the vacuum is going to be used before I can recommend one or the other.
Shark Vacuum Company Overview
Shark Company is actually a branch of Euro-Pro Company which is a family run company that has been in existence for more than a century, although originally Euro Pro used to deal in sewing machines. It was not until 3 generations since Euro Pro started, that Mark Rosenzweig decided to expand beyond Europe. Mark Rosenzweig set up shop in Canada producing a lot of household products that mainly target women. The Shark vacuum cleaners are one of the most successful products that have brought millions to the family run business.
Shark Vacuum cleaners are now one of the most selling vacuum cleaners in Europe and America and in my opinion it is thanks to the great performance as well as the aggressive and strategic marketing that the company does.
Recommended 5 Best Shark Vacuum For Pet Hair Reviews
Based on my experience with the different Shark vacuums and intense research on this subject, I have singled out these 5 as the best Shark vacuums for pet hair.
I find that the biggest selling point about this Shark vacuum is its versatility. When you buy this vacuum cleaner, you have both an upright and canister vacuum and it is very easy to switch from the upright to the canister with a simple press of a button. When it comes to performance, it is very good on the carpets, this is its best surface to remove pet hair from, it will suck up all the pet hair from your carpet.
On the floor, I found its performance average in comparison to other vacuum cleaners. When vacuuming dark corners where my dog likes to sleep, the LED lights on the front came in handy so that I could see what I am doing. Shark say it traps 99.9 percent of allergens and dust so that is an added plus for it.
- It is one of the quietest Shark vacuum cleaners I have come across
- It is light weight so less effort is needed to use it
- Easy to move around furniture
- The 2 in one canister of upright functionality is a great feature
- Reasonably priced
- The cord can easily make it fall down when in upright mode
- It is not so good on wooden floors
Unlike most corded vacuum cleaners that restrict your movement because they have short cords, this one has a 32-foot power cord that gives you enough distance and for a small house, you can pretty much clean just every part without having to change sockets. It is also quite light, actually, Shark defines it as ultralight since it only weighs 8 pounds.
It provides deep cleaning for carpets and sofas, getting a lot of that pet hair out and it can be used as an upright vacuum or handheld so you can use it anywhere in the house and even in the car. It is quite powerful and yet affordable as well.
- Strong suction that is good for deep cleaning thick carpets
- The long 32-foot cable gives more mobility
- It easily transforms from upright vacuum to handheld
- LED lights to help see what you are doing in dark spaces
- Swivel technology which helps in cleaning tight spaces like under tables and chairs
- For an upright vacuum, the dust cup is a bit too small
- It cannot stand on its own
- Although the cord is long, you still have to pull it around and it can get caught around furniture
What would be better than a 2 in one vacuum? Try 3 in one, and that is what the Shark Rotator TruePet NV752 gives you. It is one of my favorite pet vacuum for pet hair. With this, you have an upright vacuum, a canister vacuum, and a lift away. I was able to clean just about anywhere in the house and the car with this one and it has very powerful suction.
When it comes to cleaning the floor, it has a microfiber pad that really gets the pet hair and dust off the hard floors. The 30-foot cord is long enough to give ample mobility. According to other user reviews, it scores 9.5 out of 10 in its overall performance and I would agree with that quite a lot.
- Performs highly on any surface be it wood, carpet or ceramic
- The 3 in one feature gives flexibility allowing you to clean anywhere the pet may leave its hair
- Although it has strong suction, the motor remains quieter than most vacuums of the same power
- A fairly long cord means you can move around more
- The dirt collection chamber is easy to clean
- It is a bit heavier than other best Shark vacuums for pets
- Sometimes as I tried to use the swivel feature, it would go a bit off course
When it comes to choosing a cordless Shark vacuum for pet hair, this is my recommendation. It is a stick vacuum and is very light, with a total weight of 7.5 pounds. Unlike most light vacuums, this one has a large dust cup so you can clean for longer without having to empty it. When you finally have to empty the cup, it is quite easy to do so and to clean as well.
Within 4 hours it will have charged and be ready to use for your quick cleaning around the home without the trouble of a code to drag around. I was really impressed by its suction and ability to clean different surfaces, ridding them of pet hairs.
- It is cordless so more freedom to vacuum different places that are far apart
- It has 2 vacuuming speeds
- Very light which makes it easy to use
- Powerful suction and gets the job done fast
- Large dust container which gives longer time to vacuum before you empty it
- It is cheap
- Being a cordless vacuum means I had to recharge from time to time for big jobs
I found this NV80 to have a number of qualities of the best shark vacuum for pet hair. The most outstanding feature is its ability to maintain the same level of suction no matter what kind of carpet it is vacuuming. It sucks up a lot of pet hair in a short time and it has an extra large collection cup to match this so I do not have to make a number of trips to empty it. I can actually complete the entire house before I need to empty it. It is indeed a professional vacuum.
The NV80 is also amazingly light so it is not a problem navigating it around and with the swivel technology, it is easy to maneuver it around objects. I would recommend this for people with lots of pets or those who have a single pet that seems to be more of a leaking fur ball.
- It never loses suction
- It has an extra large dust cup that is easy to empty
- Reasonably priced at under 200 dollars considering its ability
- The filter is washable so easier to manage
- The sealed HEPA filter means it is good for people with allergies
- It has a number of tools designed especially for pet hair in different places
- It can get heavy when all the tools are attached
- The brush traps a lot of hair as you use it on hard floor
- A true professional vacuum should have self-recoil cord
How to Choose the Best Shark Vacuum for Pet Hair
Choosing the right Shark Vacuum for pet hair comes down to personal needs and preferences. The following are guiding factors that can help you choose the right one for you.
What you are going to vacuum
The Shark Vacuum you choose needs to be able to carry out the task you are going to perform. If for example, you will be removing pet hair from the couch as well as the carpet, then I would recommend a vacuum that is able to transform from an upright to a handheld vacuum. Also if you have both carpet and hard floor, then it is appropriate to have one with suction that will adapt to the different surfaces.
How much Vacuuming are you going to be doing
This can be in terms of the size of the house as well as where exactly you would want to remove the pet hair from. I find cordless vacuums are more suited for small and fast pet hair removal since the batteries may not last more than 30 minutes of constant suction, they may give you mobility but cleaning the entire house is not something they can handle while a coded vacuum will give you more time to vacuum. You also will need to consider the size of the collection cup. If you will be vacuuming a wide area or a place with a lot of dog hair, then you need a vacuum with a very large dust cup like the NV80 professional so that you do not have to make a number of trips to the bin.
How strong are you
This is in relation to the weight of the vacuum. If you have no problem with pushing and pulling heavy vacuum cleaners then this may not be a big deal however if you have issues with their weight, then I recommend you look at light Shark Vacuums like the HV322 or NV501 this will make it easier for you to do a good job of vacuuming and you will not get tired while vacuuming. You will realize how important this is if you have to vacuum stairs or a big house.
What you can afford
I do not want to say consider the cost of the vacuum because some people mistake that to mean that you should look for a cheap one or an expensive one. Here I am talking about choosing something that is good but fits in your budget. For example, we have 5 of the best Shark vacuums for pet hair and any one of them could do a good job but the thing is which one fits into your budget? You do not have to spend your life savings to have a good vacuum.
Do you have allergies
For people with allergies, vacuuming can be a trigger for the allergies since places with pets have a lot of allergens. The right vacuum for a person with allergies is one that has antiallergenic properties. I found out that many Vacuums talk of having HEPA technology but the truth is that is not enough you need to find one that has HEPA filter seals, this means they prevent any allergens from flying back out into the air. I find that the NV80 is quite effective in this area.
- Do you want bagged or bag-less collection? Bags tend to hold more than cups
- How much noise are you ready to put up with? Some vacuums are quieter than others
- It is important to consider what extras it comes with and how they will help clean up pet hair
- Are there many dark spaces that you will be vacuuming? Then I recommend one with headlights
Shark produces a number of versatile vacuum cleaners that have proved themselves in thousands as well as millions of homes across the world. These Shark Vacuums are exceptionally proven to get as much as 99 percent of pet hair from different surfaces around the home, car or even office. There is no reason to restrict your furry friend to the kennel when you can remove the hair very easily with any one of these pet hair vacuums from Shark. Remember you just have to take into consideration the above-listed features and how they suit the way you will be using the vacuum.