5 Best Dyson Vacuum for Pet Hair Reviews and Buyers Guide
Dyson vacuums are some of the most preferred vacuums for different cleaning needs. If you are set on purchasing one to deal with pet hair, you will find a list of the best Dyson vacuum for pet hair, here based on their performance and other features that many customers consider important when making a choice. You can also learn some important tips about vacuums.
Recommended Best Dyson Vacuum for Pet Hair Reviews
- 1 Recommended Best Dyson Vacuum for Pet Hair Reviews
- 2 Advantages of Dyson Vacuum Cleaners
- 3 Things to Consider When Buying a Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair
- 4 How to Care for Your Dyson Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson DC65 Animal Upright Vacuum
This vacuum is equipped with ball technology to make maneuvering around furniture and other objects much easier. You may find that you do your work much faster because of the fluid movement of the ball.
The vacuum is designed to work on different surfaces so you can easily suck up that pet hair and dust on carpets or floors and the furniture
It also comes with an extendable hose so if you are cleaning the stairs, for example, you do not have to carry the entire unite up the stairs, you simply pull out the hose and your work is much easier. The canister can detach easily, so that you empty it without getting into contact with dirt and debris.
- The ball technology makes movement around the room fluid and easy
- The vacuum has strong suction that can suck up dirt and hairs fast
- It has a reconfigured power brush which is able to drive the bristles deep into the carpet and dig out stubborn hair
- The turbine tool does not get entangled
- Emptying the canister is easy
- It has a long hose that can be used in areas where an upright vacuum cannot reach
- It is not very effective when it comes to dealing with long pet hair or long human hair.
Dyson DC59 Animal Cordless Vacuum
Do you have a problem with the battery of your cordless vacuum running out even when you are not using it? Well the DC59 offers you relief, it is designed to use the battery only while you are cleaning, this means if for example, you paused to push a stool out of the way, the battery will stop running until you begin vacuuming again.
This ensures that the 26 minutes of runtime are fully utilized for cleaning.
This vacuum also gives you 6 minutes of boosted power for stubborn pet hairs that may be entangled in the carpet and need stronger suction. This animal is made to be tough and durable so that the knocks and falls, while you use it will not lead to it getting damaged and it comes with a 2-year warranty as well.
- The motor moves 3 times faster than the usual motors so the suction is also stronger
- The battery only works as you are cleaning so no battery power is wasted when you pause to do something else
- Its patented cyclone technology separates dirt from the air as well as debris which gives better filtration
- It is durable and comes with a 2-year warranty
- Since the motor works much faster that other vacuums, it also cleans faster so in 26 minutes you suck up a lot of pet hairs
- The battery does not seem to have a long life in comparison to the vacuum
Dyson DC39 Animal canister
IF you like to have more flexibility as you vacuum, this canister vacuum may be the right choice for you. The flexible hose and ball technology makes it easy to move around the room even with lots of objects around. It is also good that you do not have to bend down to adjust the setting when shifting from carpet to hard floor since the control for that is on the handle.
The floor tool can also be adjusted between 2 modes for better effect.
This vacuum is approved for people who suffer allergies since it is able to handle the dirt and pet hair that may have allergens. Even when emptying the canister, you have hardly any contact with the sucked up waste. It also helps that the canister is dragged along the floor instead of being in your hands which would make the exhaust emissions reach your nose much easier.
- It is easy to maneuver around the room thanks to the ball technology and flexible hose
- You do not have to bend down to adjust as you switch surfaces since the control is on the handle
- It has powerful suction that collects more dirt and pet hair than a number of other vacuums
- It prevents allergens from escaping into the air so people with allergy can use it
- It has a 5-year warranty which includes labor
- It works well on floors but not as well on carpets
If you do not like having to drag a cord around, then you may like this cord-free Dyson V6. It is battery operated and will give you 20 minutes of constant suction before you need to recharge it. Speaking of recharging, it comes with a dock that you can place on the wall and it serves both for storage and to recharge the unit. It is designed to dig into carpets and pull out pet hair, but at the same time, it is gentle on hard wood floors.
It can be used with its wand, or you can remove the wand and use it as a hand held vacuum say for vacuuming the car.
It is light weight and easy to use and comes with all the accessories you may need. I really think it is well worth the money.
- Since it is cordless, your movement is not restricted by the length of a cord
- It has powerful suction that can remove pet hair from any surface
- It can be adjusted so that you use it inside the car or on the sofa without a long wand
- There is a power bar that is specially designed to deal with stubborn pet hair
- Storage is easy since it comes with a docking station which also charges it
- The suction is steady for 20 minutes
- This vacuum is small so it needs to be emptied frequently
Dyson V8 Animal Cord-Free Vacuum
Now here is the big brother of the Dyson V6. The V8 gives you double the amount of fade free suction before it needs to be recharged. Naturally, you would have to be ready to pay more for the extra power.
I like the fact that Dyson takes health seriously since they have included technology that ensures the air that comes out of the vacuum is cleaner than the air we breathe.
The V8 will give your carpets a deep clean and pull out pet hair from the bottom of the carpet a lot with dust. You can transform it into a handheld vacuum or use it with a wand to get to above ground places like the ceiling. This vacuum can do just about everything the bigger and more expensive vacuums do.
- It has a longer battery life which gives you more time to clean before you need to recharge
- The weight is well balanced so that carrying it is comfortable and anyone can use it
- It has complete HEPA filtration which ensures allergens are trapped within
- If you have stubborn pet hair, there is the max power mode which provides even stronger suction
- Emptying it of dust is easy and hygienic. With a simple release of the lid, the contents will pour into the bin.
- The max power mode takes up a lot of battery power that it can only run for 7 minutes
In my opinion, the Dyson V6 Animal is the best option since it has strong suction that can get to work done within the 20 minutes that the battery is supplying power. The V8 may provide more run-time but you also have to pay more for it so if you want to save money, then go in for the V6. If you prefer an upright vacuum and without the restriction of battery life, then the DC 65 Animal may be a good fit for you and I particularly like the fact that it also has a hose that allows you to reach areas that an upright may fail to. Generally, Dyson makes reliable vacuums for pet hair and it may come down to your preference when making a choice from any of these 5.
Advantages of Dyson Vacuum Cleaners
They Use Cyclone technology
Cyclone technology helps with 2 things, first of all, it increases the amount of suction that the vacuum produces, the cyclone technology also saves you from having to replace the filter since it is also able to do filtration of dirt and debris, so some models have no filters.
There are some models, especially the upright and canister vacuums that have a large ball which helps in navigating the vacuum. If for example, you have a problem with your joints, this technology makes it easy to tilt the handle in a fluid movement that should not cause you discomfort. It also allows the handle to tilt in different directions as you dodge obstacles like the legs of a table.
Longer battery power
If you prefer cordless vacuums, you may like the fact that Dyson vacuums that have no cords give you reasonably longer battery power with constant suction in comparison to some other brands, so you should be able to clean up pet hair with the constant suction.
Dyson is a company that has been making vacuums for a long time and this has added to their experience and the trust people have in their products. Dyson vacuums have gone through different stages of improvement which may make them a better option than newer brands.
Things to Consider When Buying a Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Hair
The suction of any vacuum is very important. In this case, the vacuum needs to have enough suction to pull out the hair from wherever it may be. This means you should consider the places where your pet tends to leave its hair and think of how powerful the vacuum needs to be. For example, if you have thick carpeting, it is advisable to have very powerful suction while hard floors may not need equally powerful suction.
The kind of tools that come with the vacuums are equally important, for example, you may need a brush that can provide deep carpet cleaning as well as one that will be gentle on the floor. If the pets lie on the chairs, then you need a crevice tool to be able to get to those tight spaces between the cushions and a long hose may come in handy when vacuuming raised surfaces.
Pet hair tends to have allergens and if you have asthma or any allergic problem, it is best to consider the type of filtration a vacuum has, you should not get a vacuum that allows some of the allergens to escape into the air. A HEPA certified filter usually ensures that you get clean air coming out of the exhaust.
If your vacuum will only be used to deal with pet hair, then it is best to have a portable one as you will not be covering every inch of the room, instead, you will be moving around to particular places that may have pet hair. Portable vacuums will be best because you can move around easier and faster. This would mean you may need to consider having a cordless vacuum or one with a long cord.
This may not be so important but it is worth taking note of. Pets tend to be excited or irritated by the sounds of a vacuum, if you think this may not be a good thing for your pet, it is best to find a vacuum with a low noise emission. You, however, should not compromise the suction just because you want a quiet vacuum.
How to Care for Your Dyson Vacuum Cleaner
Vacuum cleaners, like any other machine, need proper care in order for them to function properly and for them to last long. Here are a few things you can do to keep it in top working form.
If you are handling the vacuum cleaner for the first time, please read the instruction manual, many people ignore this and later on end up asking questions on forums yet they could have gotten the answer from the manual.
Do not let the bag or canister get filled up completely before you empty or replace them. when they are too full, this affects performance as there is less air flow and space for more dirt or hair
Regularly check the brushes and clean them if there is need. Pet hair tends to get entangled in the bristles so remove it whenever the need arises
If you do not know much about fixing a particular model, it is best to take it to an authorized dealer who will fix whatever is wrong and that will not void the warranty.